Last updated on December 29, 2020.
Personal data is information about individuals or information from which individuals can be identified (personal data).
Moroccanoil may also receive personal data of individuals through third parties, rather than directly from the relevant individuals, for example, through hair stylists sharing information about and photographs/videographs of individuals as part of our campaigns. Moroccanoil may also use personal data of individuals to contact them in their professional capacity and/or within the course of their professional relationship with Moroccanoil with regards to its marketing campaigns.
Moroccanoil processes personal data in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Moroccanoil Israel Ltd. is the parent company in the Moroccanoil group of companies. It is an Israeli incorporated company, with correspondence address 16 Moshe Levi St, Kennedy House Industrial Area, Rishon Lezion, Israel, 75658 and registration number 514031053. If you have questions about how we process personal data, or would like to exercise your data subject rights, please email us at email@example.com.
The Moroccanoil affiliates include Moroccanoil Israel Ltd., Moroccanoil Inc., Moroccanoil Canada Inc., Moroccanoil Japan KK, Moroccanoil UK Limited., and Moroccanoil DE GMBH.
The personal data that we may collect about you includes:
- Basic contact information, such as your name, physical address, email address, and telephone number
- Customer service information, including customer service enquiries, comments, and history
- Content you, or third parties share with us, for example, information or photographs/videographs provided by hairstylists as part of our campaigns
- Information we may obtain from our third-party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse your use of our website. The information collected through these means (including IP addresses) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate the use of the website. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
- IP Address
- Information about the user’s visit, including:
- The Uniform Resource Locators (URL) of the website from which the user entered the website and the website the user then went onto after leaving the website (including date and time)
- Products viewed or searched for
- Page response times
- Download errors
- Length of visit to certain pages
- Page interaction information (such as scrolling and clicks)
- Website usage information, including, but not limited to:
- Browser type and version
- Device type
- Operating system and platform
- Time zone setting
- Login information
- Browser plug-in types and versions
HOW MOROCCANOIL PROCESSES PERSONAL DATA
Our purposes and legal bases for processing personal data:
- Necessary for the performance of a contract: We may need to use your personal data in order to perform our obligations under a contract with you or in activities related to forming a contract with you. For example, we may use your personal data to provide services, products or information that you request from us, to take payment from you, fulfil orders and produce invoices for you and to set up, administer and manage your account with us.
- Compliance with our legal obligations: It is possible that we would need to process or retain your personal data in order to fulfil our legal obligations, including our involvement in any law enforcement operations, and in the course of a legal claim. For example, we may need to retain information about purchases made online in order to comply with laws relating to taxation and recordkeeping.
- Pursuit of our legitimate interests: Except as may be prohibited by your own interests, we may use your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests. We may process your personal data for the following purposes and on the basis of the following legitimate interests:
- the communication between employees within our group of companies for the legitimate interests of running our everyday operations
- to customise our website and its content in accordance with user preferences, conduct market research and prepare and analyse statistics for the legitimate interests of understanding customer preferences and improving the products and customer experience we provide
- to undertake profiling and deliver marketing communications for the legitimate interests of promoting our products, including through marketing campaigns and competitions
- to run marketing campaigns, that may include contacting individuals in their professional capacity and/or within the course of their professional relationship with us, reviewing information and content provided directly from individuals or by third parties, and sharing content on social media accounts and website for the legitimate interests of promoting our products
- to run administrative, IT and network security related operations, including sending service messages, for the legitimate interests of maintaining and improving our website
- to run our everyday operations which are facilitated by the communication between employees within our group of companies for the legitimate interests of maintaining and furthering our commercial interests
- to administer a sale or potential sale of the whole of or part of our business or the restructuring of our business for the legitimate interests of facilitating these processes and furthering our commercial interests
- Consent: Under limited circumstances we may also process your personal data on the basis of your consent, for example, when you sign up to receive a newsletter from us, when you provide us with your personal data to claim prizes offered as part of our marketing campaigns, when you submit a job application to Moroccanoil and when we respond to communications, including customer support queries.
You may withdraw your consent to any processing of your personal data undertaken on the basis of your consent, at any time, by emailing a withdrawal request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal data to other parties. Such parties may include companies that process data in and/or are incorporated in territories outside of the EEA and which do not provide the same level of protection to personal data as countries subject to the GDPR (international recipients).
When we disclose your personal data to international recipients, we do so on the basis of their registration with the Privacy Shield Framework (https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome ) or other appropriate safeguards for the purposes of the GDPR (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/international-transfers/), including standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission which can be found at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en
When we transfer personal data to processors within the EU, we do so on the basis of Article 28 GDPR terms.
- Magento (website CMS)
- Rackspace (website hosting)
- Facebook (Ads)
- Google Adwords (Ads)
- Google Analytics (Analytics tool)
- Bing (Ads)
- European Broadcasting Union
STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide directly to us is stored on Moroccanoil’s secure servers. When information is provided to Moroccanoil through other parties, for example, through social media platforms, the relevant information may be stored on such platforms’ servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Moroccanoil will do its best to protect its users’ personal data, it cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at users’ own risk. Once Moroccanoil has received users’ information, Moroccanoil will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
At any point while we are processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – at your request, we can confirm what personal data we hold about you and how it is processed. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to ask us to correct personal data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the personal data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
Right of portability – you have the right to have the personal data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to object to being subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to complain to supervisory authority: in the unlikely event that Moroccanoil refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection supervisory authority, although we would ask that you contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com in the first instance.
The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/)
In order to process a request for the exercise of the above rights, we may ask you to provide us with a valid form of identification for verification purposes. Moroccanoil accepts the following forms of ID: Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months).
We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Moroccanoil is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes or information necessary for legal claims. In addition, Moroccanoil will retain personal data for as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, for example for as long as your account is active and a period of time after that. When we have no need to retain your personal data, we will either delete your personal data, anonymise your personal data, or, in case deletion or anonymisation are not possible, will securely isolate your personal data in a location where it cannot be accessed for processing purposes.
In the event that you wish to contact us to exercise your rights with regards to personal data, make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Moroccanoil, or how your complaint has been handled, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
We will retain your personal data for the following purposes and retention periods.
|User profile||10 years|
|Future employment opportunities with us when a job application has been unsuccessful||2 years|
|Potential claims||7 years|